“Leadership is Service, Not Position”-Tim Fargo
Hannah’s History of Leadership
As someone with a long term goal of being a servant leader in my home country and continent, I have been invested in various communities both in and outside Namibia’s borders. I am passionate about impacting positive sustainable change wherever I find myself and this page expands on some of my leadership roles over the past 5 years.
KULE is an NGO focused on improving the quality of education in Muranga Kenya. It does this in a very holistic way not only building classrooms and supplying books but also supporting the broader community. It was started by a former professor in Pearson College and I was very invested in their work both while in Canada and when I graduated. In 2017, I co-led a project within KULE and received an award called the GoMAD UWC Scholarship to tackle taboos surrounding feminine hygiene and sexual health. The grant we received allowed us to support AfriPads an Ugandan based company by purchasing and then donated over 200 reusable pads to high school girls in Muranga, Kenya.
Self Designed Internship and Service Project
I joined the cross country team at Agnes Scott in Spring of 2017 despite having no prior experience in the sport. Since then I have been selected as captain of the team and completed two cross country seasons with about 10 competitions (know as meets)overall. My team has excelled not only on the field ranking 7th out of 15 schools in the USA South Conference last year as a young team, but was also off the field by being named the 2019 All-Academic Team for the highest GPA in the USA South Conference. My involvement on the cross country team has and continues to challenge me in ways that relate to my academic and professional growth. I feel honoured to represent my school and grateful for my supportive team.
Pearson College UWC
- Transformative time during which I became more globally minded,developed critical thinking skills, solidified my identity and realized my passion.
- Was a student leader for the campus emergency response team-trained other students in CPR, and fire and earthquake safety protocols.
- Held a leadership position in a dorm of 40 students to check in with students and organize bonding activities.
Agnes Scott College
- I am currently a tutor in the Center for Digital and Visual Literacy (CDVL) where I help students develop personalized websites, navigate various digital software and facilitate workshops for first year classes.
- I have been an Impact Leader- Organizing events on campus related to gender-based violence and supporting other leaders in social justice issues
- I have been a Schimidt Student Leader for a first year class where I helped support and facilitate lectures alongside a professor in preparation for the class trip to Morocco.